Big Data: Spark, Hadoop, MongoDB
Apache Hadoop enables distributed parallel processing of extremely high volumes of information (on the petabyte scale) across large clusters of low-cost servers, and is the chief enabling technology for Big Data.
Hadoop is used increasingly by both industry leaders (Facebook, LinkedIn, Orbitz, Chevron, eBay) and by small and medium-sized organizations working in various industries including online travel, fraud detection, e-commerce, energy, IT security, healthcare and others.
First Line Software Solutions Using Hadoop
First Line Software specializes in implementing, configuring and optimizing Hadoop-based clusters for greater performance, scalability, and reliability. Our engineers and architects have extensive experience building highly scalable, reliable, distributed systems that can store, process and analyze extremely large volumes of structured or unstructured data quickly and cost-effectively using best-of-breed technologies.
First Line Software’s team of NoSQL and Big Data experts can support a broad range of initiatives and projects utilizing Hadoop technology, including:
- Setting up a low cost, highly scalable data warehouse with HBase running on top of Hadoop (for database-style access to Hadoop-scale storage or for high-scale transactional applications), including the ETL migration processes.
- Implementing Hive, a data warehouse infrastructure, directly on top of Hadoop or in conjunction with HBase (if low latency is required) for analytical operations, like summarization and ad-hoc queries.
- Implementing specific MapReduce processing jobs (using Pig, Java, Python, or R)
- Implementing a comprehensive search facility based on the combination of Lucene/SOLR and Hadoop (we have significant expertise in using Lucene for morphoanalysis, compound word processing, etc.)
- For Big Data analytics, implementing a BI frontend for a Hadoop-based data warehouse using open source tools such as Pentaho or JasperReports
- For machine learning or data mining projects (e.g. recommendation and classification engines), implementing Mahout on top of Hadoop
- For processing high volumes of graph data, implementing a solution based on Titan, a highly scalable transactional database that can use HBase as storage backend
In addition, First Line Software has established a partnership with Arenadata, a company with substantial expertise in data storage and analysis. Their team has built a universal data storage and analytics open source platform – Arenadata Unified Data Platform – and a distributed database using the MPP (massively parallel processing) principle – the Arenadata DB (ADB). This cluster database is founded on the proven Greenplum Database and can be used as the core of a corporate data warehouse. Customizing these proven Hadoop resources helps accelerate the completion of projects and reduces the cost to First Line clients. Arenadata provides complete technical support and owns the responsibility for updating the platform and database with any changes to Hadoop.
For more information about First Line Software’s development and consulting services and capabilities for projects involving Big Data, visit our Big Data Development page.
Contact us today to discuss how we can support your next Big Data initiative.
Download Case Study
IIOT Solutions Development Company Chooses .NET Core
The provider of IOT solutions for asset management, planned to upgrade its IT infrastructure to rapidly scale its business. First Line Software engineers exported its applications from the .NET Framework to .NET Core.Show details
High-Performance POS Transaction Processing System
Our customer, an innovative fintech startup, envisioned a system that would connect millions of point of sale terminals in retail and other establishments across the country to a single cloud-based backend, which would allow to track, record, store, analyze, and visualize cash transaction data so it can be used for a variety of purposes (fiscal, retail analytics, digital marketing, etc.).Show details
Application development of financial systems for large IT company in Brazil
Contmatic Phoenix is a leading IT company founded in 1987 and based in Brazil. It specializes in the development of advanced software solutions for accounting and company tax management. With more than 17,000 active customers and over 100,000 users Contmatic Phoenix is the largest software company specializing in accounting in São Paulo and one of the largest players in this sector in all of Brazil.Show details
Cambridge MA 02142, USA
Louis Couperusplein 2,
4th floor, 2514HP,
22 Journey Ave,
Doreen VIC 3754
12 Black Jack Street Cirencester
Gloucestershire, GL7 2AA, UK
143 00 Praha 12,
602 00 Brno,
Send us a note
We'll do our best to answer within one hour