Big Data: Spark, Hadoop, MongoDB
Apache Hadoop enables distributed parallel processing of extremely high volumes of information (on the petabyte scale) across large clusters of low-cost servers, and is the chief enabling technology for Big Data.
Hadoop is used increasingly by both industry leaders (Facebook, LinkedIn, Orbitz, Chevron, eBay) and by small and medium-sized organizations working in various industries including online travel, fraud detection, e-commerce, energy, IT security, healthcare and others.
First Line Software Solutions Using Hadoop
First Line Software specializes in implementing, configuring and optimizing Hadoop-based clusters for greater performance, scalability, and reliability. Our engineers and architects have extensive experience building highly scalable, reliable, distributed systems that can store, process and analyze extremely large volumes of structured or unstructured data quickly and cost-effectively using best-of-breed technologies.
First Line Software’s team of NoSQL and Big Data experts can support a broad range of initiatives and projects utilizing Hadoop technology, including:
- Setting up a low cost, highly scalable data warehouse with HBase running on top of Hadoop (for database-style access to Hadoop-scale storage or for high-scale transactional applications), including the ETL migration processes.
- Implementing Hive, a data warehouse infrastructure, directly on top of Hadoop or in conjunction with HBase (if low latency is required) for analytical operations, like summarization and ad-hoc queries.
- Implementing specific MapReduce processing jobs (using Pig, Java, Python, or R)
- Implementing a comprehensive search facility based on the combination of Lucene/SOLR and Hadoop (we have significant expertise in using Lucene for morphoanalysis, compound word processing, etc.)
- For Big Data analytics, implementing a BI frontend for a Hadoop-based data warehouse using open source tools such as Pentaho or JasperReports
- For machine learning or data mining projects (e.g. recommendation and classification engines), implementing Mahout on top of Hadoop
- For processing high volumes of graph data, implementing a solution based on Titan, a highly scalable transactional database that can use HBase as storage backend
For more information about First Line Software’s development and consulting services and capabilities for projects involving Big Data, visit our Big Data Development page.
Contact us today to discuss how we can support your next Big Data initiative.
First Line Software is a premier provider of custom software development, technology enablement services and value-add consulting in big data engineering, digitalization, intellectual integration, industrial Internet, and IoT, digital media and marketing, and enterprise content management as well as healthcare IT.
Headquartered in the US, First Line employs 500+ staﬀ globally. First Line team and company culture is centered around subject matter expertise, technical excellence, consulting capabilities and proven methodologies, with a strong focus on Agile and Intellectual Integration.
The company has been recognized with multiple annual rankings and awards by the International Association of Outsourcing Professionals (IAOP), Global Services, CorporateLiveWire, Insights Success and CNews. We were the first to be awarded the Scrum Capability Medallion by Scrum, Inc. Most recently, research firm Gartner included FirstLine in their first ever Market Guide for Technology Integrators (2014) and the Cool Vendor in Applications Services 2015 Report. We are active members in Object Management Group and Industrial Internet Consortium. FLS is also an EPiServer Premium Solutions Partner.