Big Data Engineer
A fast-growing US-based company has an exciting opening for a Big Data Engineer. The main responsibility is to develop complex data solutions in Pharmaceutical, Healthcare and Payer industries based on Big Data technologies / platforms (Hadoop, Spark, Hive, Impala, RedShift, Cloudera and AWS) and build data marts as a part of the Real-World Evidence solution. We are looking for a self-driven individual who can hit the ground running, quick learner and wants to be a part of our dynamic global team.
- Data management and Big Data Engineering e.g. complex ETL, data analysis, data mappings, advanced transformations.
- Architect and utilize Big Data Platforms for Big Data projects.
- Develop solutions in Agile fashion following Scrum process and Test-Driven approach enabled with Atlassian tools (JIRA, Confluence).
- Develop solutions by applying industry best practices and coding standard
- Document architecture design by creating necessary architecture artifacts, including UML domain models, component and deployment diagrams. Document business requirements as user stories.
- Design secure and compliant solutions by implementing necessary application security and following various regulatory laws (HIPAA, GDPR).
- Be a part of the dynamic open source observational research OHDSI community.
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in Information Technology or Computer Science — or equivalen texperience in information technology and software development — is required.
- Complex SQL, including Spark SQL, Hive QL;
- Practical experience with ETL and big data processing;
- Practical experience with RDBMS (any of the following - Oracle, PostgreS, MySQL, SQL Server);
- Practical experience with Hadoop e.g. Spark, Hive, Impala;
- Practical experience with one of the following platforms: Apache Hadoop, AWS, GCP and Cloudera;
- Experience in administering the Big Data platform infrastructure is a big plus.
- Knowledge of Python, Scala is a big plus;
- Experience is solving DevOps-related tasks will be a plus;
- Experience designing and developing solutions using Agile software development approach
- Experience with OMOP CDM, OMOP Standardized Vocabularies, ATLAS and other tools, methods and standards developed by OHDSI community is a big plus.
What we can offer you
- background of a successful and stable large multinational company
- above-average and motivating financial evaluation
- friendly atmosphere and young team
Location: Prague, good public transport access, free parking
We look forward to your reply with your CV firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply For: Big Data Engineer
Send us a note
We'll do our best to answer within one hour