FOR COMPLEX HEALTHCARE NEEDS
Meet our Team at HIMSS 2022
With over 25 years of experience engineering innovative solutions for healthcare's complex needs, our team is ready to learn about what healthcare problem you are facing. Our team will be at Booth 1321 and ready to discuss our digital transformation, clinical research, and system development and integration services with you.
Explore Our Work
Learn about a few of the innovative projects we've completed with some leaders in the healthcare industry. Our team's experience allows us to create solutions in almost every aspect of healthcare. Talk to our team today to see how we might be able to help you solve healthcare's next problem.Read Our Case Studies
SERVICES WE PROVIDE
First Line Software Healthcare Practice possesses expertise and maintains active engagements in the following key areas:
Health Data Management, Engineering and Analytics
- Design and development of operational and analytical health data repositories.
- ETL and mapping of health data; data cleansing and normalizing.
- Dedicated team of medical informaticists for mapping of coded medical terminologies and classifications, such as ICD, SNOMED, CPT, RxNorm, LOINC, Orphanet, Med-RT, UMLS, ICF and others - Building high-performance operational data pipelines (Hadoop ecosystem) – aggregating and reconciling data from wide range of real time and legacy sources and interfaces with EHR and other systems
Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning in Healthcare
- Applying Machine Learning algorithms to Natural Language Processing to extract valuable insights from raw and unstructured clinical data
- Artificial Intelligence for Clinical Data Governance
- Master Data Management – patient identity mapping and recognition across care continuum
Standards-based Clinical Data Interoperability
- Cross-platform integration of wide range of clinical systems and devices using a variety of protocols including HL7, FHIR, CCDA, DICOM, IHE Profiles, SMART on FHIR and others
- Workflow orchestration using proprietary and open source integration engines.
Real World Evidence (RWE) Research and Analytics
- Development of applications and observational data repositories for RWE research, aggregation of structured and unstructured data from EHR records, patient narratives, provider notes, genetic and genomic information, and other sources.
- We map and maintain OMOP/CDM vocabularies, cross-referencing to standard coded terminologies, develop extensions and implement tools for vocabulary maintenance, distributed analytics, data validation and other purposes. Contributor to the OMOP/CDM and OHDSI community.
- Development of RWE-based analytical data models
- Technology support for clinical studies and trials based on RWE
Care Quality and Safety
- Development of Quality and Safety Dashboards for care improvement and operational efficiency.
- Clinical Pathways and checklists applications development and implementation
- Data extraction, reporting and analytics on quality and safety metrics
Healthcare Systems Development and Integration
Architecture design, development, and support of a wide range of custom cloud and on-premises cloud based clinical systems compliant with HIPAA, GDPR, HITRUST and other privacy and safety requirements:
- Cloud-based complete SaaS Practice Management and EHR systems and components
- Clinical documentation systems
- Remote and distributed care systems, including telemedicine systems
- Enterprise-level Clinical Decision Support
- Health Information Exchanges (HIE) - Patient and Provider portals
- Mobile application and wearable solutions
Recent/ongoing projectsat MGB (Mass General Brigham, formerly Partners Healthcare, consisting of 13 hospitals including Massachusetts General and Brigham and Women's Hospitals)
- Creation and Expansion of Quality and Safety Dashboards. Developed flexible and extensible infrastructure that calculates, renders and allows clinicians to operate on critical care metrics across multiple hospitals and care settings
- PRO (Patient Reported Outcomes) application for Asthma and Rheumatoid Arthritis conditions. These applications are funded by research grants to advance and improve clinical care for patients with specific conditions and part of the First Line efforts to develop a common platform for research teams working on similar studies and applications. These applications are designed to be part of the daily clinician's workflow through deep integration with EHR systems
Integration of i2b2 on InterSystems IRIS This is a joint project between InterSystems, First Line Software, and the i2b2 governing bodies to integrate InterSystems IRIS as a data platform for i2b2 (Informatics for Integrating Biology at the Bedside) alongside Postgres, MS SQL, and Oracle. This data platform is engineered to improve research workflows and performance outcomes.
Remote monitoring and diagnose of patients DiaMediPort is a project taking place in Netherlands designed to facilitate remote monitoring and diagnose of patients in rural communities. The system in development will allow clinicians to view data from devices remotely, facilitate diagnostic efforts and develop a care plan. DiaMediPort is integrated with multiple EHR systems via the OpenHealthHub using standard FHIR interfaces.