First Line specializes in implementing, configuring and optimizing Hadoop-based clusters for greater performance, scalability, and reliability. Our engineers and architects have extensive experience building highly scalable, reliable, distributed systems that can store, process and analyze extremely large volumes of structured or unstructured data quickly and cost-effectively using best-of-breed technologies.
Hadoop enables distributed parallel processing of extremely high volumes of information (on the petabyte scale) across large clusters of low-cost servers, and is the chief enabling technology for Big Data. Hadoop is used increasingly by both industry leaders (like Orbitz, Chevron, or eBay) and small and medium-sized organizations working in various industries including online travel, fraud detection, e-commerce, energy, IT security, healthcare and others.
First Line’s team of NoSQL and Big Data experts can support a broad range of initiatives and projects, including:
- Setting up a low cost, highly scalable data warehouse with HBase running on top of Hadoop (for database-style access to Hadoop-scale storage or for high-scale transactional applications), including the ETL migration processes
- Implementing Hive, a data warehouse infrastructure, directly on top of Hadoop or in conjunction with HBase (if low latency is required) for analytical operations, like summarization and ad-hoc queries
- Implementing specific MapReduce processing jobs (using Pig, Java, Python, or R)
- Implementing a comprehensive search facility based on the combination of Lucene/SOLR and Hadoop (we have significant expertise in using Lucene for morphoanalysis, compound words processing, etc.)
- For Big Data analytics, implementing a BI frontend for a Hadoop-based data warehouse using open source tools such as Pentaho or JasperReports
- For machine learning or data mining projects (e.g. recommendation and classification engines), implementing Mahout on top of Hadoop
- For processing high volumes of graph data, implementing a solution based on Titan, a highly scalable transactional database that can use HBase as storage backend
Contact us today to discuss how we can support your next Big Data initiative.