Clinic to Cloud is an Australian IT company whose flagship product is the cloud-based Electronic Medical Records system – Clinic2Cloud (C2C).
The Client engaged with First Line Software to develop a cloud-based EMR software according to the client’s requirements. First Line engineers were responsible for designing and developing both the desktop version and mobile app, conducting testing, and ultimately providing post-release maintenance. The team was composed of more than 20 technical experts including an architect, developers, a business analyst, software testers, a UX designer, and mobile developers.
C2C is a fully-featured, cloud-based practice and clinical management software designed for medical specialists and general practice physicians.
The Clinic to Cloud practice management and clinical tools can be used by a medical practice of any size and at any location. The application is accessible from any desktop or laptop hosting Windows or Mac software and on Apple or Android mobile devices using native mobile applications.
The Practice Administration module provides functionality for configuring practice details, scheduling, messaging, and prescribing medication. It also allows doctors to manage their settings and set preferences like “favorite tests”.
Receptionists can book appointments for patients, manage demographic information, intake patients for appointments and create invoices using multiple payment methods.
Doctors are able to run consults, request and review tests, manage patient clinical history, and other specific actions.
Key technical features
- Application hosting using MS Azure
- MS Azure (Web Apps, SQL Database, Blob storage, failover support via Traffic Manager and SQL Geo-Replication, VMs for custom services and 3rd party applications)
- Integration with Medicare (universal health care system in Australia) using external service
- Integration with Medication and Medication Interactions (MIMS) databases
- Integration with Secure Messaging systems
- Middleware for sharing HL7 format files and to support on-demand printing
- Application for patients to view clinical information, provide personal details and search for appointments in practices
- iOS and Android mobile apps that replicate the functionality available in the web version.
- Integration and fully supporting speech recognition functionality
- Migration from other EMR systems to ClinicToCloud functionality (ETL-based process of hosting new Users\Clinics\Practices from other EMR systems on AUS market)
The Technological Stack
Microsoft SQL Server; Windows Azure; C#; ASP.NET; Speech recognition