First Line Software is a premier provider of software engineering, software enablement, and digital transformation services. Headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts, the global staff of 400 technical experts serve clients across North America, Europe, Asia, and Australia.
Before the COVID-19 pandemic, a Visitor Management Systems (VMS) was a topic of interest, but not a necessity. That has changed. VMS’ has transformed from a non-essential to an essential requirement.
According to a report issued by MarketsandMarkets – The Global Visitor Management System, the market share is expected to grow from $848 million US in 2020 to $1.6 billion by 2025, at a Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) of 14.1% during the forecast period. Key growth factors for the market include the need to track and record all necessary information of concerned visitors and employees.
The recent COVID-19 Digital Engagement Report identified the top three industries with accelerated digitalization plans: tech, energy, and healthcare (78%, 77%, and 74% respectively). No doubt a large part of this acceleration will include a VMS implementation.
Organizations worldwide are reevaluating policies, assessing how to protect employees, and providing a secure environment for visitors. Companies now recognize the importance of modern technology that can revolutionize business operations to support the health of customers and staff.
At First Line Software, an expert for visitor pass software, we continuously monitor the Visitor Management System marketplace for tendencies and trends. We would like to share with you some of our recent findings.
Some important trends we would like to highlight
- Access control and visitor management systems are converging to meet the “new norm” in health and safety procedures in the workplace.
- The touchless experience plays a significantly important role.
- Visitor data needs to be accessible, reported, and protected.
Some Key Features to look for when choosing an accurate and reliable Visitor Management System
- Ease of Use/Self-check-in/Self-screening: Some visitor management software systems allow visitors and staff to electronically sign themselves in on a device at reception. The set up of mobile health screening should be easy to use.
- Quick Check-in Plays a decisive role in creating a positive experience.
- Touchless: With COVID-19 here for the foreseeable future, touchless features are key.
- Ease of integrating the visitor management software with other solutions and technology For example, the ability to integrate with Barcode Readers, Thermometers, HRIS, EHR, CRM, ERP systems.
- Automatic notifications. A simple, one-time set-up is all it takes to get started.
- Reporting and Analytics. Real-time reporting of visitor and facility activity history that can be easily secured and accessed seamlessly.
- Availability in the Cloud. Cloud-based visitor management software systems have many advantages: They are more cost-effective, the cloud is always up to date, data is easily accessible, and the visitor management system is easy to set up.
A great example is the EPass web app from First Line Software that has all the features mentioned above and many more. Moreover, it’s completely customizable.