First Line Software is a premier provider of software engineering, software enablement, and digital transformation services. Headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts, the global staff of 450 technical experts serve clients across North America, Europe, Asia, and Australia.
First Line Software developed a robust corporate intranet to support staff with company news, information, tools, HR resources, community engagement, and self-service capabilities. The system helps connect staff and management socially which in turn increases job satisfaction and inspires company loyalty. Employees can advance their careers by applying for different roles on new projects announced on the platform.
A global software development and consulting company with more than 600 employees worldwide.
The client was at a stage in its growth when there were hundreds of employees distributed worldwide who all needed centralized access to corporate information and each other. They needed to collect, store and share information, formalize processes and procedures, engage staff and management socially, streamline internal recruitment for open positions, and more. In short, they required a corporate intranet.
First Line Software took on the development of a multi-functional intranet based on customizing the Sitefinity CMS platform. Our team completed the project by taking a phased approach.
- The project team evaluated the client’s requirements and prepared a technical brief.
- Prioritized the client requirements and created a backlog for the minimum viable product (MVP).
- Commenced with development work and customization of the Sitefinity platform.
- Presented a product demo to the product owners.
- Conducted testing and released the intranet into production.
The client now has an intranet site that contains company-wide information and functionality to support multiple corporate resources. Key features of the intranet include:
- Company news with a section for employees to post information about activities and personal interests such as volunteer work or hobbies
- Onboarding materials and employee documents such as forms to request time off.
- Employee search capabilities that assist hiring managers with finding candidates for open positions or projects, by name or technical skills.
- Announcements about new projects and opportunities to apply to work on the project in specific roles.
- Employees’ CV profiles that generate CVs for hiring managers to access when searching for internal job candidates.
- Back-end: Sitefinity, .NET, C#
- Front-end: JS, React, CSS3, HTML
- The team: Up to 7 developers